Centrally organized research, regionally adapted solutions.
The driving forces in R&D are multi-facetted: On one hand global trends have a strong impact on our research work, such as the constant desire for more efficient methods of construction, the demand for energy-saving construction materials or the necessity to save weight in vehicle manufacturing. On the other hand, due to differing local construction industry specifications, considerable product adaptions to respective requirements are necessary.
Sika's R&D strategy includes centralized and decentralized components that complement each other perfectly. The centrally organized research handles long term research programs, delivers analytical services and establishes R&D management for the entire Sika Group. The second component in R&D strategy is the regional adaptation of products, solutions and applications. Technology Centers in America, Europe and Asia take on this challenge.
In collaboration with regional support centers proximal to customers the technology centers additionally adapt Sika products to local conditions and the individual customer needs. The support centers are also responsible for finding suitable local raw materials to cost-optimize onsite product manufacturing.
20 Technology Centers in America, Asia and Europe.
Centrally Organized R&D
- Long-term research programs
- Product platform development
- Analytics and testing services
- IPR services
- R&D management
- One Research unit for all technologies/applications
- Six Development units for the Target Markets
- Flooring and Coating
- Roofing, Waterproofing
- Sealing & Bonding
Regional / Local R&D
- Adaption of products, solutions and applications to local needs
- Local expertise and vicinity to the markets
- Central R&D providing technology transfer, support for product roll-out and training for local chemists.