The focus of Sika’s ecological sponsoring is on water, building, infrastructure and renewable energy projects. The main sponsorship partner in this field is the Global Nature Fund (GNF). Sika has supported the GNF and its international Living Lakes environmental program since 2004.
Comprising over 100 partner organizations from various lake regions across the globe, the Living Lakes network sets out to promote sustainable development and the protection of drinking water, lakes and wetlands.
The initiative uses successful models and concrete projects to demonstrate how, with the involvement of the local population, positive social and economic developments can be achieved in different regions and societies without any threat to nature and the environment.
Objectives of Living Lakes
- Conserving the biodiversity and the preservation of fresh water resources, lakes and wetland ecosystems
- Improving the quality of life for local communities.
- Promoting the use of applied sciences and technologies towards the conservation of these ecosystems.
- Supporting educational programmes and cooperation with local communities towards the conservation of the biodiversity of these ecosystems.
- Disseminating information relevant to these ecosystems.