In today’s world, social, economic and ecological issues are closely intertwined. Social responsibility is the necessary component of success. Mindful of its obligations, Sika actively engages in sustainable and humanitarian development projects, either as a member of international organizations or directly on the spot. Sika’s social involvement also embraces the sponsorship of organizations and initiatives in the fields of science, culture and sport.
Social Sponsoring at Sika is mainly organized through the Romuald Burkard Foundation. It's fields of activities: community support, buildings and infrastructure for social projects, technological education of construction people and relief in the aftermath of catastrophes.
- Yayasan Tirta Lestar (YTL) & Akademi Tehnik Mesin Industri (ATMI), Indonesia
- Orphanage Pan de Vida, Mexico
- Youth Encounter on Sustainability (YES)
- Liter of Light
- Pro Leche Ayacucho, Peru
- Community in Andranovory, Madagascar
- Operation Smile, Vietnam
- Preston Youth Zone, United Kingdom
- Valea Lupului Guesthouse, Romania
- Schweizer Tafel, Switzerland
- Vietnam, Village Chance
- Home for Children, India
- Karunalaya Home for orphans and people with handicap, India
- UPSV, Romania
Sika sponsors scientific projects and a new professorship for sustainable construction at the ETH Zurich. Further projects encompass cooperations with universities worldwide.