Sustainable Flooring Solutions
Sika provides low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and VOC-free flooring solutions. They help to avoid summer smog and which improves health and safety conditions during the floor installation process.
Use and maintenance
- Air quality: Sika provides low emission flooring solutions, which fulfil all requirements for Indoor Air quality in both public and private buildings. Specific Sika flooring solutions are also produced for clean room facilities that have the lowest levels of emissions are possible.
- Maintenance: Sika seamless flooring systems allow better and easier cleaning over time when compared to other flooring materials with grouted joints or with welds.
- Refurbishment: Sika flooring systems can easily be refurbished to extend their service life, thereby reducing costs, energy and resources compared with other flooring technologies.
High performance Sika flooring solutions provide comparatively thin flooring systems, which means that there is less material to be disposed of at the end of life.
Selection of LCA results
The demand for limited natural resources is increasing.
Worldwide the demand for limited natural resources including oil, coal, natural gas, iron ore and copper is increasing, driven by a growing population and higher spending and purchasing powers. On the other hand, these resources are limited, or their extraction is getting more and more costly.
Efficient and intelligent use of limited natural resources is one of the main challenges for future growth.
LCA results for popular flooring systems
LCA results for global warming potential
The climate is changing faster than ever before. The earth’s climate is now changing faster than ever before. The consequences are manyfold and affect us all. Climate protec-tion is one of the most important tasks for the future. By 2050 the world will have to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 80%. To act now is crucial, because a complete overhaul of currently used energy systems needs to be financed and realized within less than two generations. Decisive action is needed urgently.
Note: Materials for repairs are included where they are required to provide the defined life expectancy (Sika ComfortFloor®, Sikafloor® PS-23 MultiDur EB-24).
You can contribute to protecting our climate by choosing Sika flooring solutions:
- Include a wide range of cost effective sustainable flooring
systems to match your requirements
- Provide superior durability, together with additional benefits
in the ‘Use’ phase
- Have a lower GWP when compared with most of the flooring
systems compared (Climate protection solutions)