Sika’s Growth Strategy 2023 is geared around the megatrends that are shaping our future. The fundamental transformation of our world is relentless, and even accelerated during the coronavirus pandemic. This is opening up new opportunities and further increasing the Group’s growth potential.
- By 2050, some 75% of the world’s population will live in urban centers. In Africa and Asia in particular, a substantial structural shift in the migration of people from rural to urban areas is expected.
- In the developed industrialized nations, there is a shift toward suburban centers.
- In major cities and their peripheral zones, demand is rising for living space and infrastructure installations. This drives Sika’s growth.
Climate Change and Scarcity of Resources
- The challenges confronting the environment continue to have the utmost priority.
- Resource-efficient solutions that are low in CO2 emissions are required.
- Sika is supporting this development by consistently aligning its organization with sustainability
- Relative to the industrialized nations, the economic influence of the emerging markets is steadily rising.
- The populations and economic output of Asian and a number of African countries are growing fast.
- Sika is responding to this development by further strengthening its position in the emerging markets through both internal and external growth.
- Due to the increasing aging of the population, skilled labor remains in short supply.
- Fewer personnel are deployed on building sites and in manufacturing businesses.
- Sika is responding to this trend by accelerating construction and manufacturing processes with new solutions that are easy to apply.
- Digitalization and automation have taken on a whole new level of importance in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. This trend is clearly to be seen in the area of modular building.
- Workflows need to be more efficient – also to comply with more rigorous safety standards.
- This development is increasing Sika’s determination to rise to the corresponding challenges and rapidly expand its position as innovation leader.