Interior walls face a lot of hardships – whether from moving furniture around or simply the test of time – which cause holes, cracks, uneven surfaces and imperfections. Whether for a minor repair, renovation project or completely new construction, Sika offers the perfect solutions for leveling, repair and finishing of your interior walls with gypsum-based, cement-based and dispersion-based products. Our ready-to-use wall products are easy to work with and create a perfectly leveled and smooth finish on your walls.
Sika Has a Full Range of Solutions for Perfect Walls
Thick layer plastering
Thin layer plastering and skim coating
Decorative finishing with paints
Joint filling and finishing of drywall and gypsum boards with joint compound
Filling and leveling over small cracks and holes with crack-filler
Concrete and Masonry Wall and Ceiling Finishing Using Plaster or Skim Coat
The amount of layers may differ, depending on the final optical appearance required.
- Substrate – concrete or masonry/brick wall
- Preparation of substrate – concrete repair, crack filler, primer
- Thick layer for first leveling (e.g. masonry) – plastering
- Thin layer(s) for smoothing – plastering, skim coat
- Final coatings – post-treatment, paint, wallpaper, tiling
(see our tile setting systems)
Various Techniques to Finish Drywall Construction (Gypsum Board)
The amount of layers may differ, depending on the final quality level required.
- Substrate – drywall/gypsum board/plaster board
- Crack/holes in the substrate – crack filler
- Paper tape embedded in joint compound
- Covering and finishing of joints and nail holes
- Full surface leveling – skim coat (if required for highest quality standards)
- Final coat – primer for painting (if necessary), full surface painting in several layers
Sika’s Experts Provide Assistance to Benefit your Business
Contact a Sika expert near you for technical support and locally available products and systems.
Contact Sika's global representative in case you need our support in an international project.