Cementitious 3D construction printing (3DCP) or 3D concrete printing is a form of additive manufacturing used to fabricate buildings or construction components in completely new shapes not previously possible with traditional concrete formwork.
3D Concrete Printing Offers Many Benefits to Your Project
- Ultimate “form follows function” efficiency: new design possibilities to leverage optimal structural forms by combining materials and features
- New customized, complex designs and structures possible
- Lower construction costs
- Digitalize and industrialize your process to streamline construction and reduce material waste
- Improve production of higher quality elements by utilizing machine-perfect fabrication
- Time saving and increased productivity: automated process with less labor, no formwork and immediate setting 3D ink
3D Concrete Printing - A New Construction Method
Sika Leads the Way in 3D Concrete Printing Technology
- Industry-ready: Ready to pursue more industrial scale partnerships and projects, partnerships with leading universities and industry partners already in place
- Complete support: from CAD and technical design support to material supplier for Sika-formulated ink
- Sika’s unique know-how: automation with pulsment process control and extrusion by the Sika MiniShot system
- Unique formulation of 3D mortars with setting on demand with Sika accelerators
- Concrete technology and mix design powered by Sika® ViscoCrete® with formulation expertise from Sika’s specialists
- Fully automated system to follow strength from mixing to hardening
Sika fiber technology for stability
- Color on demand: three dosing pumps enable quick and precise color changes
- Fastest speed of continuous 3D printing with the most precise technology available on the market
- Perfectly precise print head developed by Sika’s 3D research team at the Sika Technology Center in Switzerland
- Sika is the only company capable of supplying all the technologies needed for industrial 3D concrete printing from a single source.
Our Concrete 3D Printing is Industrialization Ready!
Digitalization Shift in Construction
Traditional concrete placing is the most economic construction method. If 3D concrete printing is to compete with this method, then structures need to be printed efficiently. This is precisely what Sika’s technology is designed to achieve.
“Right from the start, our aim was to produce a competitive industrial solution using 3D printing,” Frank Höfflin, Chief Technology Officer at Sika, described. “We have now achieved this ambition. With our technology, it is now possible to print concrete so rapidly, inexpensively, and precisely that it can be used on construction sites.”
A fundamental change is taking place in construction, heralded by digitalization. Building processes can be optimized with time and money saved with advanced technologies offering greater design flexibility.
"Digitalization is changing every aspect of construction and the entire life cycle of a building, from the design process and automated construction all the way to maintenance." Frank Höfflin (Chief Technology Officer at Sika)
Contact Sika to Inquire about Partnering in This New Technology
Whether you are an architect who wants to revolutionize your design with 3D concrete or a contractor who wants to get started in 3D concrete construction, Sika’s technical experts can advise you.