Carbon-fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) is used for reliable and high performance structural strengthening systems. CFRP based solutions consist of CFRP plates and rods, plus structural epoxy resin based adhesives. These systems are widely used for flexural strengthening of dynamically and statically loaded buildings and other structures such as bridges, beams, ceilings and walls, providing outstanding long-term durability in service.
Sika’s CFRP Based Structural Strengthening Systems Have Many Advantages
- Tested for durability under many demanding conditions to ensure long-term performance in different applications and environments.
- Fast installation, ensuring minimal down time - no additional plate preparation work and one product for surface filling, priming and bonding.
- No aesthetic impact, due to external surface and near surface mounted (NSM) applications.
- Sika® CarboDur® System is available as different profiles (rectangular or round) and dimensions to suit project requirements. Application is possible on flat and curved substrates.
- Sika CarboStress® pre-stressed strengthening system combined with Sika® CarboDur® CFRP plates forms a unique active external strengthening solution.
- The shear capacity of concrete beams can be increased with Sika CarboShear System - installation is fast and easy, excellent anchorage is assured and no drilling through the top slab is required.
- An innovative and patented device, Sika CarboHeater, allows up to 50 times faster curing of adhesives, ensuring rapid installation in all climates.
- Free Sika FRP design software is available to help engineers and specifiers design the optimum FRP strengthening solution themselves according to the available Sika FRP range, including Sika® CarboDur® plates and rods, SikaWrap® fabrics and cords, Sika CarboStress® system and Sika CarboShear system.
Sika® CarboDur® Flexural Strengthening Video
See How Sika® CarboDur® FRP Plates Strengthen a Simple Concrete Beam to Carry Much Higher Loads
Free Sika® CarboDur® FRP Design Software
- Free software for advanced structural design
- Includes full range of Sika Structural Strengthening Systems
- Complex calculations in minimum time
- Based on international structural codes: ACI 440.2R-17 and ACI 318-14, TR55 and EUROCODE 2 and various local codes
- Updated on a regular basis
- User-friendly interface
At the moment the new Sika® CarboDur® design software is supported in the following countries:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Have you found your country on the list? Download the software!
Please, read carefully before you download the software:
This software application and the results derived from its utilization are intended only for use by professional users with expert knowledge in the area of the intended application. Users must independently verify the results before any use and take into account the site and application conditions, product data sheet and product literature, technical state of the art as well as local applicable standards and regulations.
I have read, understood, and agreed to the above statements by clicking below:
The software is free to use. After the trial period (15 days) you will be asked to complete the registration form in order to activate the software.
Sika’s Experts Provide Assistance to Benefit your Business
Contact a Sika expert near you for technical support and locally available products and systems.
Contact Sika's global representative in case you need our support in an international project.