Fabric strengthening systems, also called fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) systems, consist of woven or stitched, unidirectional, carbon and glass fiber fabrics and impregnating resins. This unique combination makes this a multifunctional material for many applications including confinement, shear, and seismic upgrading and strengthening of weak concrete, masonry, natural stone and timber structures.
Sika’s FRP Based Structural Strengthening Systems Have Many Advantages
- Tested for durability under many demanding conditions to ensure long-term performance in different applications and environments.
- Proven outstanding performance for strengthening irregularly-shaped structures and substrates.
- Installation is extremely flexible and easy, ensuring minimal down time.
- Our products come with over 25 years of experience with projects in all regions.
Typical Structural Applications
- For structural members in compression
- To enhance load-carrying capacity or ductility
- Multi-layer applications are possible
- Non-rectangular cross sections are possible
- End anchorage with SikaWrap® FX
- Mostly using SikaWrap® glass fiber fabrics
- For passive strengthening solutions
- Used as an alternative to textile reinforced mortars (TRM)
Weak Substrate Strengthening
- For strengthening masonry, natural stone walls and other structures
- Flexural strengthening of weak concrete elements or structures
See a Test Demonstration of SikaWrap®’s Strength in Action
Free Sika® CarboDur® FRP Design Software
- Free software for advanced structural design
- Includes full range of Sika Structural Strengthening Systems
- Complex calculations in minimum time
- Based on international structural codes: ACI 440.2R-17 and ACI 318-14, TR55 and EUROCODE 2 and various local codes
- Updated on a regular basis
- User-friendly interface
At the moment the new Sika® CarboDur® design software is supported in the following countries:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Have you found your country on the list? Download the software!
Please, read carefully before you download the software:
This software application and the results derived from its utilization are intended only for use by professional users with expert knowledge in the area of the intended application. Users must independently verify the results before any use and take into account the site and application conditions, product data sheet and product literature, technical state of the art as well as local applicable standards and regulations.
I have read, understood, and agreed to the above statements by clicking below:
The software is free to use. After the trial period (15 days) you will be asked to complete the registration form in order to activate the software.
Sika’s Experts Provide Assistance to Benefit your Business
Contact a Sika expert near you for technical support and locally available products and systems.
Contact Sika's global representative in case you need our support in an international project.